Oman Incentive Travel Tips
For more information and photos, also see Incentive Travel in Oman.
- Oman is a special place and there is much to discover. Don’t pack your itinerary so heavily that there is no time for impromptu exploration.
- If your flight is arriving late at night, be sure to build an extra day into your itinerary so that your time in Oman is not rushed.
- Oman is very mountainous so build ample time into your itinerary to get around the country.
- If you’re planning outdoor activities and tours, the best time to travel to Oman is between mid October and the end of April when temperatures are comfortable. Muscat is extremely hot and humid in the summer.
- Get visas for the members of your party ahead of time. This will save you a long wait upon arrival. Photocopying the passports of every member of your team will save you time when checking into a hotels
- Bags are x-rayed upon arrival so make sure that you don’t have any prohibited items like drugs or pornography.
- Nizwa is not to be missed.
- Make certain that you build a visit to one of the mountain ranges like Jebel Shams or Jebel Akhtar into your itinerary.
- The country has a rich history so be sure to visit some of the historical sites or museums such as the Nizwa Fort and the Bait Al Zubair Museum.
- Make some time to go shopping in a traditional souq like the Nizwa Souq or the Muttrah Souq. You’ll never forget it.
- Remember that stores are closed from 1:30 to 4:30. Some of the historical sites and museums close at 11:00 on Fridays.
- Oman is a Muslim country so respect their traditional values and norms regarding dress. Sleeveless tops are to be avoided for men and women. Women make sure your sleeves come to at least to just above the elbows and that your dresses and skirts are knee length or longer. Modest bathing suits are most appropriate.
You can read more about Dubai and see more photos in our blog entitled “Incentive Travel in Oman”. Scroll up and click on the link under “Incentive Travel Articles” in the right column.
Anne Thornley-Brown is the President of Executive Oasis International, a Toronto based firm that regularly organizes incentive travel and executive retreats in Oman and Dubai. They provide one stop shopping service with a personalized approach to incentive travel for corporate groups of up to 25. Customized itineraries include travel, transfers, hotel, tours, team activities, and special events.