Canada offers, clean and safe urban centres, strong infrastructure for corporate events, world renowned team building experts….and a chance to significantly stretch your budget.
It started on May 14, 2015. Due to a number of factors, the value of the Canadian dollar against the U.S. dollar has been tumbling. It hit a low on July 24, 2015. (The last time it traded at that rate was 2004.)
While this is not a good news story for Canadian companies, for U.S. organizations, it’s an opportunity for savings.
For example, also consider Niagara-on-the-Lake, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, and Whistler.
What benefits does Canada offer for companies planning team building retreats and corporate events?
14 Other Great Reasons to Come to Canada for Executive Retreats
- A clean and safe destination.
Earlier this year, Statistics Canada reported that Canada’s crime rate is at its lowest level since the 1960s. That means corporate teams will feel safe, comfortable and secure.
- A strong infrastructure for team building and corporate events.Transportation, state-of-the-art conference centres, major attractions, gourmet cuisine from every corner of the globe, and world class entertainment are accessible. In Toronto and Montreal, getting to them involves a couple of stops on a subway.
- Proximity to lakeside resorts.Due to the layout of the country, gorgeous resorts in country or lakeside settings are within 1 1/2 hours of most major airports.
- Opportunities to visit dual destinations.Again due to geography, groups can spend a few days at a country inn or lakeside resort and then treat their team to exploring major urban centres where you can select from boutique hotels or large luxury hotels.For example, a trip to Toronto can be paired with the Muskoka, Niagara-on-the-Lake. A trip to Montreal can be paired with Mont Tremblant. the Eastern Townships. the Laurentians, and even Quebec City. Groups can begin their stay in Quebec’s Outaouais region and end in Ottawa.
- Canada is a destination for all seasons.Throughout the year, there are interesting and engaging activities that can be used to building team simulations or to provide corporate teams with rest and relaxation during downtime.
- You’ll have your pick from world renowned team building experts.
Of course, as Executive Oasis International , we will toot our own horn for a moment. Based in Toronto, we have had the pleasure of serving many organizations from Canada, USA, Jamaica, Barbados, Dominica, Malaysia, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and more.
Strong currencies mean that we can take care of your company in our own backyard.
- When it’s time to play, you don’t have to go far for unique experiences.
Dog sledding, skiing, treetop walking, polo clinics, white water rafting are a few examples.
- Canada is cutting edge.For example, millennials visiting Toronto will be pleased by the opportunity to create robots, experiment with 3D printers, try indoor skydiving, or try out an aircraft flight simulator.Expert team building facilitators can weave these experiences into powerful business simulations.
- Historical sites abound.Whether it’s the historical buildings in Old Montreal, Victoria, BC, the Distillery District in Toronto, and Niagara-on-the-Lake or the ramparts of Quebec City, corporate groups will have an opportunity to “step back” in time. Most offer special events before Christmas and in during other seasons.
- You can please arts lovers and sports enthusiasts on one trip.Arts lovers enjoy theatre and ballet, explore museums and art galleries, music fans take in classical music, reggae, rock, or hip hot concerts. Team members with athletic interests can enjoy world class hockey, basketball, golf, and even polo. Time it right and luxury car events like BMW driving or F1 in Montreal are available.
- You can always find a festival.Montreal has so many festivals that they have not one but two Quartiers des spectacles. Film festivals, music festivals, Nuit Blanche, need I say more. Multi-cultural specials are of special appeal to corporate groups interested in promoting diversity.
- Major attractions are waiting.Take your pick from Niagara Falls, the Rocky Mountains, Whistler, the CN Tower, Banff National Park, and more.
- You can experience the magic of unique holidays in Canada.
Groups can begin their Christmas shopping early during Canadian Thanksgiving and experience Victoria Day, Patriot’s Day in Quebec, and Canada Day.
- Canada is multi-cultural.
Companies around the world can find the cuisine with which they are familiar and also be exposed to new cuisine.