If your team is made up of golfers, it’s easy to pick a spot for corporate events. What if some team members are into golf and others have a passion for equestrian sports or sailing? What if your party is a mixture of singles, couples, and families? How do you keep everyone happy.
One of the benefits of facilitating team building and executive retreats for companies all over the world is the opportunity to discover destinations with a wide range of activities and adventures for corporate teams. Here are a few examples of destinations that offer corporate events with wide appeal. I’ve given a few examples of resorts and most have kid’s clubs or other special programming for families.
The Caribbean offers a great variety of cultures, geographical settings, historical sites, and unforgettable excursions.
With a variety of landscapes, visitors can enjoy watersports or relax on the beach, climb mountains, go on 4 X 4 rainforest adventures, and explore caves. The James Bond series was written in Jamaica so there are many locations that are recognizable from the movies.
- Half Moon Resort and Spa is a favourite of celebrities, world leaders and members of the British Royal Family. Royal Villas with cooks, butler and housekeeper are an affordable choice for corporate teams. without leaving the property guests can play golf, go horse riding, swim horses, take polo lessons, or embark on a sailing and scuba diving adventure.
The greater Toronto area is a multi-cultural area with activities appealing to everyone from armchair athletes and arts lovers to outdoor enthusiasts. From dog sledding and snowshoeing a few hours north of Toronto in the winter to polo, golf, and car events in the summer, there is something for everyone. Some of the most interesting times to plan group events in Toronto are during Doors Open, Luminato, Nuit Blanch, and the Christmas season.
- For event venues, groups can select from renovated churches, lofts heritage buildings, and garden venues. Some film studios are even available for events if they are booked with enough notice. Accommodation ranges from luxury downtown hotels and charming boutique hotels to luxury lakeside resorts.
With not one but 5 official languages, Switzerland and diversity are synonymous. The landscape transforms from the towering mountains of the Alps to picturesque lakeside settings with beaches. There are 60 golf courses, equestrian centres and adventure parks in the heart of the forest.
- Badrutt’s Palace Hotel in St. Moritz is a luxury resort in an area that’s known for breathtaking Alpine views, snow polo and ski adventures. The best news is that it’s family friendly with a kid’s club
- CERVO Zermatt consisting of cozy chalets that offer stunning panoramic views of the Matterhorn. It’s the ideal base for winter adventures. Guests can receive spa treatments from the comfort and privacy of their rooms as every chalet has spa amenities like a massage room, massage showers, sauna, sanarium steam room, and outdoor whirlpools,
While companies in North America may perceive the Middle East as being too far to travel for executive retreats and corporate events, it has much to offer and it’s the ideal place to go when you’re trying to create an unforgettable adventure to reward a well deserving team. Jumeirah Group has plans underway for Jumeirah Marrakech Golf & Polo Resort in Morocco and Jumeirah at Saraya Aqaba in Jordan.
My clients in the Middle East and North Africa love Dubai. It’s also a favourite with European companies. In Dubai, there are resorts that offer a range of activities on property or nearby including:
- Jebel Ali Resort and Spa (horse riding, golf, sailing, shooting)
- Mayden Bab al Shams (horse riding, desert adventures)
With traditional Middle Eastern architecture that gives it a frozen in time ambiance. There are rugged mountains, deep canyons, secluded beaches, desert wadis, and truly unique historical sites.
- Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa is the perfect choice for corporate groups. It’s right on the beach and it has 3 hotels on the same property. (Al Waha with its own lazy river caters to families with children.) On-property guests can enjoy scuba diving and snorkeling and they don’t have to travel far for golf.